Senior Java Developer / Consultant
0151 / 46 72 00 46
As a senior Java developer with eight years of professional development experience developing backend and frontend code. I have held customer workshops, led multi-national projects and implemented solutions from inception to finish.
I have a broad field of technical interests, including different programming languages, networking, concurrency and a bit of hardware development. I participate in Barcamps and Coding Dojos, and keep track of the state of the art in software development.
- The Server Side
- I’m quite efficient in Java, but use whats suited best for the task at hand. I know how to develop robust, concurrent services.
- The Client Side
- I’m a fairly competent full-stack dev, and usually work with browser-based software. ECMAScript 6 even makes it fun.
- The Human Side
- Code must be simple and readable. UIs should be fast and clean. I take my craft serious, myself less so.
- (yes, this is the ctrl+f section)
- CVS / Subversion / GIT
- ANT / Maven / Gradle
- OS X
- BPMN 2.0
- Westernacher Products & Services AG
Partner & Senior Consultant
2010 - 2015
Small excerpt of projects:
- Architected and developed the Alfresco Transformation Server, a product distributed worldwide via OEM agreement by alfresco.com. The solution uses Java, .NET, MS Office via COM and native Win32 code to convert various file formats. The solution was architected to run unattended for long periods of time.
- Scania: architected the rollout of Alfresco ECM and the integration into the corporate authentication system. During the project, a data extraction and transformation middleware was custom-built to migrate 200,000 documents from the legacy Quickr solution to Alfresco, including metadata. The project was completed – in budget – in less than a month.
- Leica Geosystems: Development of an Intranet solution based on Alfresco and integrated with Active Directory. Developed a custom PDF/A archival solution with Hitachi and SAP integration to meet compliance regulations.
- Elin GmbH: Relaunch of multiple internal and external websites based on Alfresco WCMS, as well as the implementation and upgrade of Alfresco for the corporate intranet. Integration of the Pentaho Business Intelligence Suite in order to gain insight in how Alfresco is used and by whom.
- Developed an improved Gradle based build system, with support for in-place launch of Jetty, greatly reducing setup time when moving between projects.
- dmc digital media center
Java / Web Developer
2007 - 2010
E-booking portals for Deutsche Telekom AG:
- refactored SAP data import to be faster and transactionally safe
- developed a search server using Lucene, similar to Solr
- migrated all webapps to UTF-8
- executed on DTAG web 2.0 initiative
- developed annual report using semantic html and OpenCMS
- developed graphically faithful web converter for Excel files
- participated in backend services development for the worldwide digital picture service
- custom development and systems integration for M+W Process Industries GmbH, Bauer AG, Dialog Semiconductor
- monitoring with Selenium
- Maven plugins
- project templates
- server installation standards
- developer productivity tools
- Heiler Software AG, Stuttgart
2006 - 2007
Integrated RedDot XCMS with Heiler Premium Product Manager (based on Eclipse RCP),
- Eclipse Modeling Framework
- Graphical Editing Framework
- Eclipse Command Framework
- XML / XML Schema
- Giniality AG, Basel
2005 - 2006
Developed the following Java projects:
- OpenCMS and Lenya
- Checkstyle configurations and custom checks
- build infrastructure for a suisse insurance using Maven 1 & 2 and Continuum
- bluetooth-based protocol tester for an embedded tire pressure monitor
- seitenblick interaktive Medien GmbH, Stuttgart
Participated in the following PHP customer projects:
- poll tool for menshealth.de and connect.de
- online scrapbook for the EM 2004 for ZDF.de
- HS Furtwangen University
- Diplom-Informatiker, Online Medien
2002 - 2007
- Abitur, Leistungskurse Englisch & Französisch
1992 - 2001
Michael Böckling — email@example.com — 0151 / 46 72 00 46